We as runners go out and run in all sorts of weather conditions and that’s why we have all sorts of gear for every weather condition. We have jackets for when it’s windy or raining and we have gloves and hats for when it’s cold and shorts for when it’s warm. And when it’s sunny, you need a good pair of sunglasses. Or maybe you need a Goodr pair of sunglasses.
I’m don’t really remember when I first learned about the brand, I think I might have seen them online somewhere. But they promised that the sunglasses would stay on while running and that they wouldn’t bounce. At that point I already had a pair of running sunglasses which were ok, but they didn’t really look cool so I wouldn’t wear those casually. I would wear another pair of aviator sunglasses, which looked cooler, but those would fall off every time I looked at the ground. So, I was looking for a pair that I could wear both for running and casual wear, that would stay on and that also wouldn’t be too expensive.
Therefore, I decided to give Goodr a shot, since they are $25, polarized and have UV 400 protection. And more importantly, they come in great colors with awesome names. So, I went to my local running store and bought a pair of Vincent’s Absinthe Night Terrors (I told you they had awesome names).
- Do they bounce? No.
- Do they stay on? Absolutely!
- Even when you shake your head or look at the ground? Yes, even then they stay on.
- Are they heavy? Nope, not at all.
- Do they have these awkward rubber pieces that sit on the bridge of your nose? No, the sunglasses have a coating that prevents them from slipping.
- Are they comfortable while running? Yes, definitely.
- Would you recommend them? Yes, I would.
- Where can I get a pair? If you live in the US or Canada you can order from their website, but if you live elsewhere you can probably find them at your local (online) running store. Most running stores around here do have a few models in stock, but if you’re looking for a particular model I suggest you just Google to see if you can find them somewhere online.
And because I like them so much, once in a while I buy another pair. When I was in New York City for the marathon I wanted to buy another pair, but had forgotten to buy one at the expo. So, after the marathon I went to several running stores, but they didn’t have the color that I wanted. When I got back home, I emailed Goodr and told them that I had been looking forward to buying another pair whilst in the States (because not all models are available over here), but came back empty handed. They were nice enough to mail me the pair free of charge! Now that’s customer service. I now own 3 pairs (Like I said, I like them): Vincent’s Absinthe Night Terrors, Sunbathing with Wizards and Nessy’s Midnight Orgy. I don’t only wear them while running, I also wear them casually and because they are polarized, I also wear them whilst driving.
And that’s not all, they now also have a World Marathon Majors collection! They have the name of the city and the city skyline on them. Only it’s too bad they also got the year printed on them, otherwise you could buy multiple cities at once. But maybe that means they’ll do another series of them next year?
Note: Two of the three pairs of Goodr sunglasses that I own I have bought myself, and one pair was sent to me by Goodr, because I couldn’t find the color I was looking for in any of the stores that I went to. It was not sent to me for this review.